Sleuth by Anthony Shaffer is a classic British thriller, bringing to mind detectives such as Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poroit. However, this play takes us into the mind of the detective author. The writer, Andrew Wyke uses his understanding of crime to seek revenge on Milo Tindle, the man having an affair with his wife. True to any thriller, the plot takes several twists and turns to lead the audience through this tale. There are classic bits to add humor. Characters wear disguises, search for clues and struggle with the criminal. The question is who is the criminal?
- Actors are asked to prepare memorized monologues (1 minute in length) from the script.
- This play is essentially a long duet scene, so the director wishes to see the actors' skill in memorization.
- There will be cold readings as well, so that the director can determine the dynamics between actors.
- Actors will be paired with different auditioners to read selections.
- Actors auditioning for the role of Milo will need to portray a number of characters, using different voices and physical attributes.
- Please reserve an audition date by emailing the address below and bring a headshot and resume.
Note: Explore Talent only provides Internet exposure, resources, and tools for you to match your talent with auditions and casting directors. All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times