The Silicon Chef Team is on the hunt for a dynamic, charismatic, fun-loving, detail oriented rock-star to be the next Lead Chef of Silicon Chef Cooking Competitions.
This person will not just be your average Joe. If you are shy or lacking self-confidence, this is not the role for you (we do love humble people, however!). This person's roles will include:
- Hustling to set-up cooking stations, the grocery shopping area, glassware and drinks and more (with a cooking class helper)
- Welcoming guests into the facility and making them comfortable in the environment
- Telling a personal story to the guests to prove worthiness of judging their food
- Guiding the guests through rules of the game and of the kitchen
- Keeping guests on task and *sticking to the schedule minute by minute*
- Giving competing teams hints about how to make tasty dishes (without cooking their food for them)
- Ending the competition at exactly 60 minutes
- Giving feedback to competitors about their dishes
- Choosing winners of the competition and giving out fun awards to teams
- Work with a cooking class helper to make sure they are staying on task and continuing to be helpful
- Bussing plates, cleaning up after the competitors, cleaning the kitchen (dishes, sweeping, mopping, etc.)
- BONUS: Lead Chef has a car and can drive some competition items from our storage unit to the kitchen and back before and after the event
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour (room for growth upon displaying performance)
The Lead Chef must be skilled in the kitchen and have a comprehensible understanding of foods of many cultures. They must be able to taste food and quickly identify elements of flavor - the balance of the dish, and how it may or may not be balanced.
We are excited for auditions for this upcoming role and look forward to applicants who think they are a great fit!
Note: Explore Talent only provides Internet exposure, resources, and tools for you to match your talent with auditions and casting directors. All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times