Are you interested in singing in a professional-level choir? Auditions are ongoing for the coming season! All singers are paid an honorarium for their services.
This dynamic and stylistically versatile ensemble strives for musical excellence in every performance.
In general, all singers are expected to demonstrate the following:
- A high level of musicianship, including reading and aural skills, knowledge of languages, musical styles and diction.
- Formal training is not necessary; however, a significant history of choral singing is required. Singers may be asked to pursue formal training to develop their vocal technique; this may be as a co-requisite upon joining the choir (with a probationary period) or as a pre-requisite for re-auditioning later.
- The ability to blend with other voices; the ability to hear and adjust pitch, diction and tonal quality when requested.
- Professional demeanour, consistent attendance, punctuality, attentiveness in rehearsals, willingness to prepare music for rehearsals, desire to work in a collegial manner with other singers, a positive/constructive attitude.
- Principal singers are expected to provide leadership within their sections; an advanced level of technical vocal skill is necessary for these positions.
Note: Explore Talent only provides Internet exposure, resources, and tools for you to match your talent with auditions and casting directors. All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times