Seeking a qualified Spanish-speaking dancer available to join the teaching artist team effective immediately for the Spring 2019 season. Ideal candidate would join as trainee as part of our community-based program. Compensation would begin at $45 per class with potential for growth to co-teacher or lead teaching artist for qualified and interested individuals.
Position will involve assisting lead teacher in weekly dance, fitness and creative dance making for older adults at community centers and senior centers at multiple locations in the greater NYC area. Candidate will be expected to help translate the language of the class to Spanish-speaking older adult participants and participate in the structure of the class accordingly.
Ideal candidates will:
- possess a strong passion for working with adults of all ages
- have experience working with older adult populations of various sociocultural and economic backgrounds
- be excellent team players
- be self-motivated, dependable, punctual and responsive
- have a strong background in at least one form of dance (ballet, modern, jazz, folk dance)
- possess a functional understanding of anatomy and physiology especially as it pertains to the older adult
Note: Explore Talent only provides Internet exposure, resources, and tools for you to match your talent with auditions and casting directors. All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times