Seeking a Director to lead our established theatre with 58 years' worth of experience and history.
The new Director will have a distinct and rewarding opportunity to provide leadership for an organization poised to achieve sustainability via a flexible and responsive business operation supported by a community eager to champion the arts.
The Director reports to the board of directors.
The Director serves as the executive producer for all productions presented by the theatre, ensuring that all production work remains on schedule and on budget, and that all performances meet the level of artistic quality and consistency as established and expected by the organization and the community.
This position has responsibility for all administrative operations of the theatre.
The Director is responsible for building and maintaining community awareness about the theatre and its mission, serving as the primary spokesperson for the theatre to the public. The Director must build and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders.
Artistic and Programming
* Provide strategic direction for all programmatic activities of the theatre, including all productions and educational efforts of the institution.
* Design and construct sets for productions using volunteer staff for all performances and programs.
* Must attend all CPT performances as necessary and work most weekends.
* Seek possible sources of unearned income
* Help develop and coordinate fundraising events.
* Develop and manage the annual giving program of the theatre, including sponsorships, private donations and grant opportunities.
* Manage programs, policies and actions which ensure the long-term financial health of the organization.
* Develop and oversee the organization's annual budget and five year plan in conjunction with the theatre's finance committee and the board.
* Maintain and implement as required appropriate fiscal controls.
* Develop and execute an annual marketing plan, complete with individual show plans, as well as general institution awareness and image plans.
* Serve as the spokesperson for the theatre for all official communications with the media and the public.
Human Resources and Staffing
* Develop an organizational structure that effectively and efficiently furthers the mission, goals, and culture of the organization.
* Supervise all aspects of staff activities, including work direction, recruiting, hiring, performance evaluations, training, development, discipline, and termination of all theatre employees. Hiring and termination decisions must be coordinated with the Executive Board of Directors.
* Foster an environment of diversity and inclusion including staff, volunteer and personal training.
* In conjunction with education committee, develop and maintain an appropriate education program for the theatre that is consistent with the organization's mission and goals.
Board and Governance
* Serve as the staff liaison to the theatre's board of directors. Help prepare for, and attend all board of directors' meetings.
Strategy and Planning
* Provide leadership in the long-term strategic visioning for the theatre.
* Oversee development and maintenance of the theatre's long-range strategic plan, working closely with key theatre stakeholders including board, staff, volunteers, members, and community representatives.
A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree in business, arts administration, or related field is desirable. Or minimum of five years of experience in a performing arts non profit organization. Candidates should possess demonstrated success in fundraising and a fluency in marketing, social media and accounting. Extensive knowledge of theatre production process is required. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with diverse community stakeholders. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Peach Tree Accounting and other computer skills are needed.
Note: Explore Talent only provides Internet exposure, resources, and tools for you to match your talent with auditions and casting directors. All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times