Tonya Rogers's Modeling Jobs, Acting Auditions and Additional Experience
Hardworking. Dedicated. Determined. Good-natured. These are words that I use to describe myself. I love entertaining people. I think people look at celebrities as a way to better achieve their goals. I want people to look at me and see the joy I get out of modeling or acting. I never give up on my dreams and I do not want others to give up. My motto is "In order to achieve true success you must go through failure." I know that success isn't given to anybody. You must work hard. That means putting in long hours and leaving attitudes at home. So I hope that when you look at my picture you see a woman who has "it." I am willing to give my all.
· I participated in 2001ís Plaza Barbershop & Beauty Salon Hair Show.
· In 2004 & 2005, I have worked with playwright Nettie Reeves. Every year she puts on a fashion show/play called "Portraits of Black Women." I participated as a model and a character: church member.
· In 2005, I have worked at an event "For Sisters Only" where vendors come out and display their business. I was a greeter, handed out flyers and interest people into buying a product called "OmegaXL."
· In March 2005, I was a video girl in a rap video, Flyy Girl for upcoming rapper, Big Bronze. Based on the book by Omar Tyree.
· Also, in December 2005, I was cast in a low budget film called "Strangely Familiar." I played the mother, Carla. Wesley Adams and Deleon Rogers wrote the script. I really had a blast on the set.
Currently, I am working as a Runway Director for the organization DiMension Models. We are a not-for-profit group that helps to instill self-esteem in young women.
My main goal is to be an actress. I have just picked up a theater gig for "The Colored Girls" based off the novel by Ntozake.