Kimber James's Modeling Jobs, Acting Auditions and Additional Experience
I would like to continue my career as a model, including trade show, promo, event, print, runway, fashion, artistic, editorial, erotic, swimwear, underwear, etc. I love doing shoots and runway shows that are "out of this world" - artistic and crazy, such as what Lady Gaga and Fergie wear. I love the crazy stuff.
I've strutted my stuff down runways, done photo shoots and even just gone out for a night on the town wearing just duck tape, lingerie panties with a long wig covering my nipples (or pasties) with crazy tights and shoes and even a leotard! (I'm from West Hollywood, where wearing such things is not just acceptable, but encouraged.) Whatever I am wearing doesn't matter because I am comfortable with my body and therefore wear everything with confidence and that's what makes it looks good.
I definitely have my own style coming from LA, mostly West Hollywood, The Grove and Beverly Hills - a style that definitely sticks out in Kansas City. I only own party clothes and suits/professional clothing. For example, I wear short sexy dresses (such as my tiger print dress shown in some of my uploaded pictures), costumes and wigs (I've even worn bathing suits and leotards out to clubs like I did and still do when I'm in West Hollywood, which was totally acceptable there but in KC it seems to be not so acceptable. On top of all the party clothes and suits I wear I have short, light blonde hair that recently was styled and cut into what is called a "pixie cut."
I have experience in all areas of modeling: print, runway, promotional, hosting events, etc. (even voiceover) along with a number of different genres of what it is I am modeling, including fashion, artistic, editorial, erotic, swimwear, underwear/lingerie, etc. I have worked for The Beauty Lounge (hair salon) as a runway, print, fashion, artistic, lingerie and video model.
I have also worked as a print model for The Beer Hotel of Los Angeles at the Four Points by Sheraton, The Beauty Lounge, Occidental College, Vive Bar and Lounge, Bar Celona, and Prophete Promotions, just to name a few.
In addition I have also worked as a promo model for such companies and products as Sprint during the Sprint NASCAR Series, Red Bull, Tecate, Monster Energy Drink, Bud Light, Mountain Dew, etc.
I was also in a web video for The Pantorauge and worked as a print, web and commercial model for a law firm.
Kansas City, MO 64105
To continue my modeling career in trade shows, events, promotions, print ads, and on the runway.
• Outgoing, excellent people skills; very enthusiastic about whatever I am doing and/or promoting.
• Extremely talented with working both without direct supervision and as a team, along with taking directions from multiple people and under pressure deadlines.
• Skilled time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
• Exceptional reasoning abilities, resourcefulness, and am able to think on my feet very quickly.
• First-rate written and oral communication skills in English; Spanish and French familiar.
Promotional Model/Brand Ambassador, Sprint & the Chiefs October 2010
360 Productions, Marilyn’s Model and Talent Agency, Kansas City MO
• Promoted Sprint at a chiefs event while representing Marilyn’s Model and Talent Agency.
• Obtained potential customers’ personal information; answered questions about Sprint products they had or directed them towards the technicians we had on hand.
• Promoted the new Samsung Galaxy Tab and Sprint as a cell phone and mobile computing provider.
Print Model, Spyn Design Studios, Kansas City MO December 2010
• Photo shoot to promote Luis Jose Garcia as a photographer and expend my portfolio.
• Followed his direction for the majority of the shoot, however, towards the end I decided we should try something crazy and we wrapped me up in painter’s tape and sequin booty shorts.
Promotional Model/Brand Ambassador, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series October 2010
360 Productions, Marilyn’s Model and Talent Agency, Kansas City MO
• Promoted Sprint at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series while representing Marilyn’s Model and Talent Agency.
• Obtained potential customers’ personal information; guided them to whatever Sprints product would best suit them.
• Ran the Sprint NASCAR Cup simulation racing game; acted as NASCAR commentator.
• Informed the people about promotions, products, displays, contests and gifts for Sprint customers.
Promotional and Runway Model, Prophete September 2001 – December 2009
Promotions, Hollywood CA
• Promotional, runway and print model for clothing, club nights, events, etc.
• Talked to potential customers personally at events, etc., passed out flyers, Myspace ads, etc.
Promotional and Runway Model, February 2007 – December 2009
The Beauty Lounge, Pasadena CA
• Was the face and voice of Vive in print and promotional ads and promoted both the actual events held by the owner and worked as a promotional model at the events.
• Modeled in runway shows and commercials for the salon.
• Promoted salon and it’s owner personally at bars, clubs, and events.
• Have singularly increased The Beauty Lounge’s clientele by over 143 clients.
Promotional Model, Bartender, Cocktail Server December 2007 – June 2007
Bar Celona, Pasadena CA
• Worked as a print, video and promotional model; promoted restaurant/bar through Myspace, Facebook, events, and daily life in my own encounters with people.
• Up-sold products, especially those I recommended (aka promoted) and served customers.
Promotional Model, Manager, Bartender and September 2006 – December 2006
Cocktail Server, Vive, Pasadena CA
• Was the face and voice of Vive in print ads, promotions and was the voice on the answering machine.
• Worked as promotional model for events, print ads, flyers, and commercials.
• Promoted and sold products; kept the company database and webpage up to date.
• Gathered customers’ personal information; ensured all customers were happy with their experience, having fun and buying promotional items.
• Fielded phone calls and emails; booked interviews and appointments; dealt with customers in a professional manner.
• Ordered, received and evaluated employees, necessary equipment and products for the company.
• Assisted with gathering reports, departmental data entry, scheduling, manpower issues; reported results to owner to insure maximum productivity, profitability and customer service.
• Increased net profits of the large club by 10%.
Promotional Model, Bartender, “The Beer Hotel,” May 2005 – November 2005
The Four Points by Sheraton, Los Angeles CA
• Worked as a print and promotional model for the bar; was the face of the bar in print and promotional ads, the voice on the answering machine and the actor in the commercials.
• Worked as bartended and promotional model for “The Beer Hotel” in Los Angeles; appeared in print ads, video commercials and brochures.
• Got to know what products I was promoting that they were/would be interested in; presented new products being promoted.
• Increased daily revenue by 15%.
Organizer, UNITE-HERE, Los Angeles CA July 2005 – April 2006
• Promoted organization at events; gathered personal information from the hotel workers.
• Organized, trained and lead volunteers.
OTHER EXPERIENCE AND ACTIVITIES
Barista, Tiger Cooler at Occidental College, Los Angeles CA August 2002 – June 2003
Bartender/Server, Chevy’s Fresh Mex, Overland Park KS April 2001 – January 2003
Bachelor of Arts, Diplomacy and World Affairs; Areas of Emphases, International Organizations, Human Rights, U.S. Foreign Policy; Minor, Religious Studies
Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA May, 2006