By William Inge
Directed by Scott Ford
January 1026, 2014
Total of 11 performances
From the Director:
This powerful Pulitzer Prize winning play focuses on themes of beauty, family, desire, and regret. Each character is richly drawn. Inges masterful dialogue is nuanced and shot through with the ring of truth. Im looking for actors who are eager to dig deeply into the text, and who possess the confidence to risk and explore in the rehearsal process.
Please familiarize yourself with our General Audition Guidelines before arriving.
General Audition Guidelines:
- Auditions are open to everyone and are held at the Lyric Arts Main Street Stage.
- No appointments are necessary; auditions are conducted on a first-come, first served basis.
- You need only attend one open call audition date. You will be notified if your presence is required at a call-back audition.
- Ages outlined in the cast requirement list are approximate ages for those particular characters. The actors cast in those roles are not required to be of that age, only able to portray a character of that approximate age.
- For non-musicals, auditions normally involve performing a cold reading from the script.
- Auditions for musicals usually include dance auditions. Please dress for movement.
- Please arrive with a calendar containing all possible conflicts for dates between the audition and the final performance.
- Please come with a non-returnable current picture of yourself. A snapshot is fine; headshots are not required.
Actors are strongly encouraged to prepare a serious monologue that demonstrates range and ability. You may also be asked to read from the script at the audition. Sides will be provided for those who choose not to perform a monologue.
Note: All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times
One of many success stories Click here for more
Thank you guys very much! I have been on your website for about 3 weeks and I have already got one booking in Nashville and was signed to Alpha Model Group in Atlanta!!! I wouldn't have been able to get these without you, so I am very appreciative! God Bless! - Derek Yates Again, thank you so much! Just yesterday I had a job through you in Nashville, TN for ASAP Models, and because of it they want to sign me to their agency!!! Now, because of you guys, I have been signed to two non-exclusive agencies in a matter of a few weeks! That is twice the opportunity for more work, and then the work I will still receive from exploretalent.com. So in total, that is 3 times the chance of getting seen and one day fulfilling my dream of making it big in the entertainment business. Again, thank you so much! - Derek Yates, Chattanooga, TN