Conceived & Originally Directed by John Michael Tebelak.
Music & New Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Originally Produced on the New York Stage by Edgar Lansbury, Stuart Duncan, & Joseph Berch
Directed by Robert Neu
Music Direction by Mary Cay Stone
Choreography by Penelope Freeh
February 14March 16, 2014
Total of 23 performances
From the Director:
This production will be a new version of Godspell which features updated vocals and accompaniments, some new material, and major revisions to the book which reflect todays sensibilities.
We are seeking five women and five men with extremely strong voices. Women should all have belts. Men should be tenors or baritones with high extensions. Dance training is not essential, but you should be able to move well. Improvisation and other skills are a plus.
Please familiarize yourself with our General Audition Guidelines before arriving.
General Audition Guidelines:
- Auditions are open to everyone and are held at the Lyric Arts Main Street Stage.
- No appointments are necessary; auditions are conducted on a first-come, first served basis.
- You need only attend one open call audition date. You will be notified if your presence is required at a call-back audition.
- Ages outlined in the cast requirement list are approximate ages for those particular characters. The actors cast in those roles are not required to be of that age, only able to portray a character of that approximate age.
- For non-musicals, auditions normally involve performing a cold reading from the script.
- Auditions for musicals usually include dance auditions. Please dress for movement.
- Please arrive with a calendar containing all possible conflicts for dates between the audition and the final performance.
- Please come with a non-returnable current picture of yourself. A snapshot is fine; headshots are not required.
Please be prepared to sing one contemporary musical theater song that shows off your range. Accompanist will be provided and you must sing with him/herno pre-recorded accompaniments and no a capella selections.
**We will be looking for actors aged 18 to mid-30′s.
From Stephen Schwartz: In addition to each individual being able to stand out, it is important that all be able to function as an ensemble, without feeling that any one (other than Jesus) stands out above the others. Other important traits to look for in casting are comic ability and skill in improvisation.
Note: All materials, information, casting information, products, and services included in or available through this site (the "content") are provided "as is" and "as available" for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability. All talent under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times
One of many success stories Click here for more
Landed 2 Feature Film major roles with some great cash!... Since I joined Exploretalent.com last year around this time, I have landed two Feature Film major roles! I never would have realized the opportunities had it not been for you guys! The first film I received a part in was a feature by Raj Rahi called "ShutUp!", it will be completed this year. The second I am currently shooting here in Memphis is a major role with some great cash! I thought that this might be another one of those pay for nothing sites, but obviously you guys know what you are doing. Keep up the good work and keep the roles coming for me!! --Chris Plumlee